COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track and field team wrapped up the women’s portion of the 2023 NCAA Championships on Saturday in Austin, Texas, thus concluding the 2023 collegiate season.
NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS (FINALS)
- 4x400m relay: Ohio State’s relay team (Bryannia Murphy, Alyssa Marsh, Yanique Dayle and Jaydan Wood) finished third (3:26.72).
- 4x100m relay: The Buckeye squad (Yanique Dayle, Nya Bussey, Columba Effiong and Leah Bertrand) finished fifth (42.85) with OSU’s second-fastest time of the season.
- Triple jump: Jaimie Robinson posted a season-best (though wind-aided) of 13.50m / 44’3.5” to qualify for the finals and finish ninth.
- Discus: Faith Bender’s best mark (54.11m / 177’6”) was good for 13th
- First Team: Hayden Tobias (shot put), Shaun Miller Jr. (high jump), Yanique Dayle/Nya Bussey/Columba Effiong/Leah Bertrand (4x100m relay), Bryannia Murphy/Alyssa Marsh/Yanique Dayle/Jaydan Wood (4x400m relay)
- Second Team: Yanique Dayle (100m & 200m), Jaydan Wood (400m), Carlos Aviles (discus), Faith Bender (discus), Jaimie Robinson (triple jump)
- Honorable Mention: Nya Bussey (100m & 200m), Leah Bertrand (100m), Alyssa Marsh (400m), Bryannia Murphy (400m)
THOUGHTS ON THE MEET
Director Rosalind Joseph: “Closing out year one as director – this is the meet you want to be at! Watching our young men and women not only feel like they belong here but fight like they belong here is rewarding. It’s hard to get to this meet. There are no subjective measures to get here. Student-athletes have to line up every meet, every round, every opportunity and compete. I’m so proud of all of them for showcasing their talent at this level and representing the school and program well. We look forward to being back next year.
I’m so thankful for my coaching staff, support staff and administration for working so hard on behalf of our student-athletes to get us here.”